The Quattro Fontane is an ensemble of four fountains which are situated at the intersection of Via delle Quattro Fontane and Via del Quirinale. The fountains were commissioned by Pope Sixtus V (r. 1585-90), created under the direction of Muzio Mattei, and installed between 1588 and 1593.
The fountains depict four reclining figures, two male and two female. The two male figures are river gods, the Tiber and the Nile (?). The two female figures are the goddesses Diana and Juno.