Of ancient foundation, the church of Sant' Andrea delle Fratte was built in the 17th century. The brick dome and distinctive bell tower are the work of Francesco Borromini (1599-1667).
The cupola and apse were decorated by Pasquale Marini (c.1650-1712). The three large paintings of the Crucifixion, Death and Burial of St Andrew are the work of Giovanni Battista Lenardi (1656-1704), Lazzaro Baldi (c.1624-1703) and Francesco Trevisani (1656-1746).
By the high altar are two beautiful marble angels by Gian Lorenzo Bernini (1598-1680), which were sculpted for the Ponte Sant' Angelo.
The great Sicilian Baroque composer Alessandro Scarlatti (1660-1725) was married in Sant' Andrea delle Fratte in 1678.
To the left of the side door is a memorial to the Swiss Neo-classical painter Maria Anna Angelika Kauffmann (1741-1807), who is interred in the church.