The Corsini Chapel, in the church of San Giovanni in Laterano, was designed by Alessandro Galilei (1691-1737), and built from 1734 to 1736 for Pope Clement XII (r. 1730-40), a member of the Florentine Corsini family. The chapel is also known as the Cappella Clementina.
The chapel is dedicated to St Andrew Corsini (1302-c.1373), who was an ancestor of Pope Clement XII. The altarpiece is a copy, in mosaic, of a painting of St Andrew Corsini by Guido Reni. On the pediment sit allegorical statues of Chastity and Religion, the work of Bartolomeo Pincellotti (1708-40).
The grand funerary monument to Pope Clement XII, on the left side of the chapel, is the work of Giovanni Battista Maini (1690-1752). The two allegorical statues are by Carlo Monaldi (c.1683-c.1760).
On the right side of the chapel is the funerary monument to Cardinal Neri Corsini, who was an uncle of Pope Clement XII. It is also the work of Maini.
The entrance gates are an absolute marvel of wrought-ironwork. They were designed by Alessandro Galilei and created by Francesco and Pietro Ceci.