The Cappella Rospigliosi-Pallavicini, in the church of San Francesco a Ripa, was designed by Nicola Michetti (1675-1758) and Ludovico Rusconi Sassi (1678-1736), and dedicated to the Spanish Franciscan St Peter of Alcántara* (1499-1562). The chapel was completed in 1713.
The funerary monuments on the side walls were designed by Michetti and the sculptures are the work of Giuseppe Mazzuoli (1644-1725). The monument on the left is to Lazzaro and Stefano Pallavicini, with allegorical statues of Fortitude and Justice, while the one on the right is to Maria Camilla and Giovanni Battista Rospigliosi, with allegorical statues of Prudence and Charity. The bronze skeletons are by Michele Garofolino.
The altarpiece is by Giuseppe Bartolomeo Chiari (1654-1727) and depicts St Peter of Alcántara and St Paschal Baylon.
*St Peter of Alcántara was canonised on April 28th 1669 by Pope Clement IX (r. 1667-69).
Funerary monument to Lazzaro and Stefano Pallavicini
Funerary monument to Maria Camilla and Giovanni Battista Rospigliosi